Sunday, September 7, 2008

My First Major Award

Nancy of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs nominated me for this award! Thanks so much, Nancy... I {{heart}} your blog too!

The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7-10 other blogs
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.

There are so many sites I {{heart}} and subscribe to in my google reader. These are just a handful of the many talented and clever bloggers out there that I’d like to give a Major Award to.

Baking Obsession – I so aspire to be like Vera one day. Her photography is absolutely pitch perfect and the presentation is always so unique and unexpected.

Brown-Eyed Baker – Chelle has fabulous recipes and beautiful photography. I need to know her secret on how she stays so slim with all the baked goodies she whips up!

Chocolatechic – talks to you like you’re sitting across from her at the kitchen table. She blends her real-life day to day experiences with delightful recipes. I love that she shares pics of her family (and neighborhood!) with everyone.

Clumbsy Cookie – desserts and cookies with the occasional song lyric reference. What’s not to love?

Culinary in the Desert – Joe makes all manner of really good food from entrees to sides to (yes) dessert (with 2 “s”es). The pics of his blue-eyed pooch Gus will make your heart melt.

Dinners for a Year and Beyond – has recipes my kids might actually eat without a showdown. The fact that she also has a “No Thank You Boy” brings her even closer to my heart.

La Bella Cook – Bridgett has a great blend of sweet and savory recipes. I love her photography and the wide range of ingredients she uses.

Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy – Susan is a class act all the way around. Not only does she have the most amazing recipes, she has a great sense of humor and knows her way around the kitchen with a camera. Her éclair photos could go in a magazine.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary – also named Lisa, she has great recipes and a wonderful wry sense of humor. Love the photos of her garden and food.

Vanilla Sugar – Dawn makes the most amazing looking desserts. Reading the actual recipes and looking at the great photography makes me want to jump up and start cooking (or eating).

Pin It
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa - Thank you for the award! I'm really not good about following up with MeMe's and the like, but I do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Lisa. I'd like to thank all the little people....oh sorry, lol. That was really sweet of you. You have a pretty terrific blog yourself! I just added ya to my blog roll. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa, thank you! You're so sweet for thinking of me to pass your award! Congratulations on getting it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, thank you so much! I'm deeply touched! And congratulations on your award! You sure deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thank you so much for the award! And to answer your question - I cut portion sizes in recipes, send the extras to work with DH, or freeze in individual servings for dessert another night :) Plus I eat healthy 90% so I allow myself indulgences every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, how kind of you to think of me! I really appreciate this darling award and congratulations to you as well. It is definitely well deserved on your part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do! I'm thrilled to know that people are looking. If you have a blog too, I'll definitely be stopping in!