Friday, January 2, 2009

YIKES!!! Recipe Analyzer

Quantity (3) Barefoot Blogger Banana Sour Cream Pancakes

OK, so this is good AND bad. I found a free recipe analyzer online and started plugging in some of the recent things I've made and some of the upcoming Barefoot Blogger recipes....

I tested it out using a few online Cooking Light recipes where I could match up what they had listed versus the analyzer. Most things were quite close. If there is an unusual or specific ingredient, the analyzer gets a little confused. I'm not saying it's perfect, but at least it will give you a ballpark figure if you have nothing else to compare to.

Try it for yourself and see what you think. Tuesday's With Dorie might blow its mind.

Here is (1) one TWD Buttery Jam Cookie (assuming a yield of 40 cookies)



Pin It
Bookmark and Share

15 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I'm a little too scared to actually know some of the TWD stuff! Neat find, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this! I've had good luck losing weight with keep track of calories, so this will really help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny how one little cookie gets a D but three pancakes gets a C+ on the scale. Not sure I really want to know all these calories! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is January 3 after all, so I guess I need to (grudgingly) make an effort to be aware of such things again. This really does look like a helpful tool -- thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike Spoodles from Ugly Food used to print this nutrition box at the end of his TWD posts. It truly was frightening at times. But I'd go for a 64 calorie cookie - or two, but not 463 calorie pancakes. And it's nice to have the fiber, carb, and protein numbers too. Awareness is (generally) a good thing, imo.
    Thanks for the info!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this :) Now I can be even more terrified of pigging out :)

    zesty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ignorance is bliss...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, thanks for posting this. Cognizance is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pretty interesting. The good thing with the pancakes is that I omitted the butter, used nonfat Greek Yogurt, skim milk and only ate 1. so, I guess it depends. The thought of finding out about TWD recipes is pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fascinating and I've had fun playing with it! It is a bit scary though to know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to do this, but I'd hate to know how much I'm really eating...ignorance is bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot do this. Impossible. I have no willpower. Your BB soup also looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruh-roh. I think ignorance is bliss when it comes to dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the link to the nutrition facts thingee ~ I can't have over 200 gms of carbs a day and this will help alot ~ maybe I don't WANT to know the carb count of some things, LOL!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do! I'm thrilled to know that people are looking. If you have a blog too, I'll definitely be stopping in!