Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pizza... Thingies

Yesterday we were at a friend's house and she had Rachael Ray on. Rach (Raych?) was making these pizza thingies and I mentally noted them. Fast forward to tonight where SURPRISE! I have nothing planned for dinner for the kids. (MY dinner is a completely different post, let's say it shall be thusly called "Lettuce Topped With Precisely 2 Tablespoons of Fat Free Salad Dressing, Equaling 2 Points Total, Since the Prescribed Allotment of Points for the Day Has Already Been Consumed". Ah, well there goes that scintillating post.)
Messy One ate FIVE Thingies, No Thank You Boy ate FOUR (yahooo!) Thingies and the Little One ate TWO. DH gets the last one, unless Messy One gets there before bedtime. Without further ado, I present you with -

Pizza Thingies
Easy! Fast! Fun! Customizable! Winner Winner Winner!
Use one tube of Pillsbury (or whoever) croissants (I used the giant croissant 6 pack, but you could use biscuits just as well) and unroll all the sheets flat. Preheat the oven according to the package directions.
Take each of the 3 rectangles (equalling 2 croissants) and divide into quarters. Ditto for the other 2 sections.
Lightly spray a muffin/cupcake pan with cooking spray. Shape each of the dough pieces into a circle shape and press into the pan.
Bake the dough for the time shown on the package or until they become browned. My time was less. Remove from oven and using the back of a spoon (or Pampered Chef wooden dumbbell looking item) make a hollow in the dough, deflating it a little.
Brush the dough with olive oil and spoon a little spaghetti sauce into the well, exact amount to taste, but maybe a tablespoon or two. (This isn't an exact recipe ya know)

Fill up the wells with your choice of "toppings". We used various combinations of pineapple, pepperoni, ham (ala sliced up lunch meat), Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.


Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Pop out your mini Pizza Thingies with a spoon and serve.



Pin It
Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

  1. How adorable. I love easy recipes like this. My kids would love this. Good job! Great laid back app too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa.. these are so cute and adorable... They look like pizza muffins... Yummy too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for sticking with your 2 points! I bet my kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sticking with your 2 points! I bet my kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, how can you go wrong with pizza!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids will love the pizza thingies (well . . . they SHOULD love the pizza thingies, and if they don't, it's their own darn fault). I am going to make these the next time I have no idea what to make them for dinner -- probably tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could eat a whole pan of these. In fact, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect little kid-friendly treats. I definitely need more of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful kid friendly snack or dinner! We will definitely add these to the menu next week for the kids to make. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look awesome!

    I saw something similar on a Katie Brown show about 10 or so years ago. Kind of using the same method with the croissants and insted of a pizza mixture, she filled the baked croissants with herbed scrambled eggs topped with cheese. She didn't return them to the oven, though. I've also had these with barbecued beef in them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute, they'd be perfect for a kiddo's birthday party...I think they look even easier to eat than pizza, less clean-up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mini stuff! The pizza thingies look super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These would be a great superbowl snack.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so much better than the mini pizzas carried at the stores. And very easy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look sooo good and perfect for Superbowl. Even friendly for the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do! I'm thrilled to know that people are looking. If you have a blog too, I'll definitely be stopping in!