Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There Is No Way To Attractively Photograph Cream Cheese Spread

No, there isn't. I tried. Unfortunately, while this looks like the cat had a bad case of indigestion, in fact it was a really great appetizer. If you squint your eyes, you can even see how I even tried to form the cream cheese into a little star shape instead of just plopping the cream cheese down like the brick that it comes in. This was so delicious. Although no one asked me for the recipe, their actions did the talking. After all the crackers (and even the molecule size fragments of crackers) were used like mini-spatulas to get up every last bite, I was seriously afraid one person was going to lick the plate to get the last bits up.

Cranberry and Red Pepper Jelly Spread

1/2 cup red pepper jelly
1/2 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
1 8 oz. brick cream cheese

Combine jelly and cranberry sauce in a separate bowl, stirring well to combine completely. Spoon over cream cheese. Serve with crackers.


Pin It
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. But it's such a cute little star! Much better than my BBQ pics!

    Oh my God you read the first posts on my blog from '06? The ones where I whine about being published and jabber about my Mom's cancer? And you're still reading?

    I like you. I'm surprised you're not running screaming into the night. You're a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! I've had red pepper jelly over cream cheese before and it was delicious. Adding the cranberry sauce must make it magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream cheese and pepper jelly is one of my favorite things in the whole entire world. It's dangerous though, while I would not ordinarily eat a whole log of cream cheese, something about the pepper jelly crosses the wires in my brain and, before I know it, half of it's gone. I never thought of shaping it before (I just unceremoniously dump the cream cheese and jelly right on the plate) but I like the idea. It's like you just made something that was already perfect even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry -- I'm not into cream cheese and red pepper jelly spreads for the looks. I'd be the other person at your party about to lick the plate. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that does look good. When we were little, my mom made us cream cheese and jelly sandwiches. The cranberry and pepper are a bit more sophisticated, though!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pea soup is hard to photograph, too, so I feel your pain.

    Your recipe sounds tasty and the picture is actually quite attractive. Much nicer than my pea soup results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to give this combination a try. Love the star :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious - lol...the cat?

    It looks good to me though. I'm loving the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this combo. I haven't had this in years though, but that red pepper jelly is something I love to eat. Great idea to put it into star shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. heheh but it taste good... that's what matters.. I like the star shape..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do! I'm thrilled to know that people are looking. If you have a blog too, I'll definitely be stopping in!