Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cornflake Chicken

So I have this big box of cornflakes left over from the holycraptheseareamazing cookies burning a hole in my pantry (metaphorically speaking, of course). What to do? Cornflake chicken, of course.

Cornflake Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Cornflakes, crushed. (I start with about 2 cups and add more as needed. I hate to waste perfectly good flakes.)
1 egg,
Flour for dredging
Vegetable oil for frying

1. Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts.
2. Set up a little 3 part breading station for yourself:
a. Flour. (depending on the meat involved I either use a shallow pie pan or the ol’plastic bag method wherein you coat it shake n’ bake style)
b. Egg wash. Beat one egg with about 3 tablespoons of water in a separate shallow dish.
c. The breading – cornflakes in this case, also in a shallow dish.
3. Go thru the breading process – coat the chicken with flour, dip into the egg wash and then roll it around in the cornflakes, pressing down so that they stick well.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet.
5. When the oil is hot, carefully place the chicken breasts in the pan.
6. Allow the chicken to cook at least 4 minutes on each side or until the flakes are golden brown, the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.


Serve with greenish looking mashed potatoes :)


Pin It
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa... I am huge fan of "all things potato"! I have not had corn flakes in goodness so darn long.. they are about $6 (US) here, so I learned to love yogurt for breakfast..

    The contrast with the white plate and brown chicken looks so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks Delicious!! Very Creative. Did the boys enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do! I'm thrilled to know that people are looking. If you have a blog too, I'll definitely be stopping in!