4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Cornflakes, crushed. (I start with about 2 cups and add more as needed. I hate to waste perfectly good flakes.)
Flour for dredging
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts.
2. Set up a little 3 part breading station for yourself:
a. Flour. (depending on the meat involved I either use a shallow pie pan or the ol’plastic bag method wherein you coat it shake n’ bake style)
b. Egg wash. Beat one egg with about 3 tablespoons of water in a separate shallow dish.
c. The breading – cornflakes in this case, also in a shallow dish.
3. Go thru the breading process – coat the chicken with flour, dip into the egg wash and then roll it around in the cornflakes, pressing down so that they stick well.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet.
5. When the oil is hot, carefully place the chicken breasts in the pan.
6. Allow the chicken to cook at least 4 minutes on each side or until the flakes are golden brown, the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Serve with greenish looking mashed potatoes :)