Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stir Fry Pork Tenderlion w/Asian Veggies

I've been dabbling with all sorts of heart healthy recipes, but this is the first one I remembered to photograph. There's no real recipe here, just a bunch of healthy stuff stirred up together into one big smash. I used very little oil for the "frying" part and also used very lean pork tenderloin sliced up into slivers. (Tip: meat slices easiest and you have more control when it's slightly frozen or slightly defrosted, depending on which way you meat is coming from - fridge or freezer). I used very little soy and teriaki sauce (mucho sodium) and got creative with fresh ginger and garlic instead. The sauce packets that came with the frozen veggies went into the trash since I couldn't trust the sodium, msg and other weird stuff in there. DH and I had only a little bit of rice and a monster salad alongside it with Trader Joe's Soy Ginger Fat Free salad dressing. Without further ado - the pseudo recipe. Vary amounts based on your family.

Stir Fry Pork Tenderlion w/Asian Veggies

1 - 2 lbs lean pork tenderloin, sliced thin
2 -3 cups frozen Asian vegetables, cooked/defrosted per package directions
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon teraki sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Spray a non-stick pot with cooking spray and quickly sautee/brown the slices of pork, working in batches to assure even cooking and so that the pan doesn't cool off. Remove meat to separate plate. Heat the oil and add the defrosted vegetables and sautee briefly, to warm through and add flavor. Whisk together ginger, garlic, teriaki and soy and add to pot. Return meat to pot together with any accumulated juices, stir gently to combine and heat all items through. Serve over rice.


Pin It
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! You have a fab food pyramid going on there. I am a huge fan of pork ( I love the fatty part.. SSHHHH)!+

    Fresh Ginger... being in Japan, I hate all the salt, thankfully they have the less salt soy... In Japanese we call this dish "Ginger Pork" it is my favorite that I order all the time for a bento take out. The carrots look so DELISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish looks so delicious, I stopped by from another blog after seeing the title of this recipe, glad I did, it sounds awesome and you have a fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks nice and healthy and I love the Trader Joe's dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish, what a tasty and healthy meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do! I'm thrilled to know that people are looking. If you have a blog too, I'll definitely be stopping in!